Powerful tools for spreading peace in your community
Unfounded beliefs and hateful political and social divisions that can cascade into violence are threatening to pull the world apart. Responding to fear and aggression strategically and with compassion is vital if we are to push back against the politics of hate and live in greater safety and harmony.
But how to do it?
Are We Done Fighting? is brimming with the latest research, practical activities, and inspirational stories of success for cultivating inner change and spreading peace at the community level and beyond. Coverage includes:
- An explanation of the different styles of conflict
- Cognitive biases that help explain polarized and lose-lose positions
- Practical methods and activities for changing our own and others' minds
- When punishment works and doesn't, and how to encourage discipline in children without using violence
- The skill of self-compassion and ways to reduce prejudice in ourselves and others
- Incredible programs that are rebuilding trust between people after genocide.
Packed with inspiration and cutting-edge findings from fields including neuroscience, social psychology, and behavioural economics, Are We Done Fighting? is an essential toolkit for activists, community and peace groups, and students and instructors working to build dialogue, understanding, and peace as the antidote to the politics of hate and division.