This “snappy [and] terrific” (The New York Times) guide from the plant influencer behind Apartment Botanist proves that anyone can be a plant parent, no matter where you live, how small your space is, or how busy you are.
Plant Parent (n.): Any person who has ever cared for or dreamed about caring for at least one plant.
Whether you are an aspiring plant parent or already care for a junglelike brood, plant-stagram influencer Alessia Resta (aka Apartment Botanist) has distilled everything you need to know to start and grow your collection in this plant-care bible. It covers all the basics, like understanding light sources, choosing and buying plants, planning for seasonal care, and watering regimens. Alessia also dives into more sophisticated plant care, such as managing humidity, propagating, and mixing your own soil mediums.
• A quiz to help you figure out your parenting style
• Profiles of twenty-six popular house plants to swipe right on
• Hard-learned lessons on battling pests, avoiding scams, nursing plants back to health, and more
• Five soil recipe cards to get you started
With an emphasis on building a collection that fits your personality and lifestyle, everyone from aspiring newbies to green goddesses will find their perfect plant matches.
- Publisher : Clarkson Potter (Feb. 1 2022)
Hardcover : 192 pages
ISBN-13 : 978-0593233771