How do we give young people the tools they need to actively dismantle racism and create a better world for everyone? From the author of the groundbreaking NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER, Me and White Supremacy, Layla Saad's young readers' edition is a timely, crucial, and empowering guide for today's youth on how to be antiracist change makers.
Layla Saad meticulously updated the content for young readers to include:
- definitions and history of various topics covered
- sections to help readers process complex topics
- no time limit―unlike the adult edition, this is not a 28-day challenge so readers can use this content for however long it takes to do the work
- content that is approachable and applicable for those with and without white privilege
Me and White Supremacy has reached so many adults in their journeys to become better ancestors. This edition aims to teach readers how to explore and understand racism and white supremacy and how young readers can do their part to help change the world. Covering topics such as white privilege, white fragility, racist stereotypes, cultural appropriation, and more, Layla Saad has developed a brilliant introduction and deep dive that is sure to become a standard in antiracist education.
"This young readers' edition empowers young people to have courageous conversations about race, power, and privilege with themselves first and then with others." -Elisabet Velasquez, author of When We Make It
- Publisher : Sourcebooks Explore; Young Readers' ed. edition (Feb. 1 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 304 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1728261287