Resurgence is an inspiring collection of contemporary Indigenous poetry, art, and narratives that guides teachers in bridging existing K-12 curricula with Indigenous voices and pedagogies. Walk with us along the footbridge which seeks to:
- connect peoples and places
- link truth and reconciliation as ongoing processes
- symbolize the risk and urgency of this work for both Indigenous and settler educators
- engage tensions
- highlight the importance of balance, both of ideas and within ourselves
Through critical engagement with the texts, experienced educators Christine M'Lot and Katya Adamov Ferguson support readers in connecting with Indigenous narratives and perspectives, bringing Indigenous works in their classrooms, and creating more equitable and sustainable teaching practices.
In this resource, you will find
- diverse Indigenous voices, perspectives, and art forms from all across Turtle Island
- valuable concepts and methods that can be applied to the classroom and beyond
- practical action steps and resources for educators, parents, librarians, and administrators
Use this book as a springboard for your own learning journey or as a lively prompt for dialogue within your professional learning community.
- Publisher : Portage & Main Press; 1st edition (April 26 2022)
- Paperback : 224 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1774920008