A goblin with no body and a monster with no face. A resourceful samurai and a faithful daughter. A spirit of the moon and a dragon king.
This collection of 15 traditional Japanese folktales transports readers to a time of adventure and enchantment. Drawn from the works of folklorists Lafcadio Hearn and Yei Theodora Ozaki, these tales are by turns terrifying, exhilarating, and poetic.
• Striking illustrations by contemporary Japanese artist Kotaro Chiba
• Special gift edition features an embossed, textured case with metallic gold ink, and a satin ribbon page marker
• Part of the popularTales series, featuringNordic Tales, Celtic Tales, Tales of India, andTales of East Africa
Fans ofGhostly Tales, andJapanese Notebooks will love this book.
This book is ideal for:
• Fans of fairytales, folklore, ghost stories, Greek mythology, roman mythology, Chinese mythology, and Celtic mythology
• Anyone interested in Japan's history books and culture studies
• People of Japanese heritage
• Collectors of illustrated classics
- Publisher : Chronicle Books; Illustrated edition (April 23 2019)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 168 pages
- ISBN-13 : 978-1452174464